I was honored to be a guest speaker at the Gluten Free and Allergen Free Expo a few weeks ago in Phoenix, AZ. In addition to meeting lots of fascinating people, one of the benefits is getting the opportunity to taste-test some of the latest and greatest gluten free products.
So I want to share with you my top 10 favorites from this expo… drum roll please:
- Viviana Foods Gluten Free and Vegan Pasta: I think this pasta is simply delicious! Offers lots of flavors including Italian Blend Penne, Sweet Potato Orzo and Tomato Basil Fettuccine. Made in a dedicated facility with all pasta free from gluten, wheat, potato, soy, corn, dairy, casein, eggs, tree nuts and peanuts.
- Pascha: I have fallen in love with this 100% organic dark chocolate free from peanuts, nuts, dairy, soy, wheat and gluten. Created in a dedicated allergen-free facility with no artificial additive or colors, the 5 different types of dark chocolate are all made with Fine Aroma Cocoa Beans and no genetically modified ingredients.
- Coconut Bliss Ice Cream: Offers 17 different flavors that are all soy free, gluten free and vegan. I think the Mint Galactica is so creamy and reminds me of real mint chocolate chip ice cream! Also loved the Chocolate Walnut Brownie! Available in pints and bars. Made in Oregon and available across the U.S. and Canada.
- The Brown Bag Cookie Company: The founder, Debbie Morgan, has celiac disease and found herself making her own gluten free baked goods. A business was then born with an assortment of tasty gluten free scones, snickerdoodles and various breads.
- Breads from Anna: I have loved Anna’s mixes for years now including her apple cinnamon muffin mixes and her black bean brownies which are free from gluten, yeast, corn, dairy, soy, rice, nuts and potatoes.
- Freedom Foods: Ever since I lived in Sydney, I’ve had a soft spot in my heart for Australia so when I eat these products, I think of Manly Beach, Melbourne and the Great Barrier Reef. Of course, I also think about how tasty the gluten free, allergen-free and non-GMO cereals are such as the Rice Puffs and the Tropico’s which remind me of Fruit Loops!
- Local Oven: I first met Todd and Linda at the GF AF Expo in Dallas 3 years ago and loved their gluten and dairy free baguettes and rolls. Now, Local Oven has expanded into food service with delicious tasting gluten and allergy free baked goods including single serve buns, brownies and even croutons!
- Living Now Foods: Offers non-GMO, certified gluten free and kosher products all manufactured in a dedicated gluten free and allergy friendly facility with no wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, soy, eggs or shellfish. Check out the chocolate chip cookies!
- Sprouts: A local grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market with thousands of natural, organic, gluten-free and allergy free foods. Enjoy all of your tasty and safe to eat options!
- Grandview Terrace: In response to the growing number of residents with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, this retirement community offers an extensive gluten-free menu that changes every week on a six-week rotation. They also are the recipient of the 2013 Leading Age Arizona Innovation in Care and Services Award!
I hope you get a chance to check out my favorite picks and enjoy them as much as I do!