Dreaming about gluten free Paris, the French Riviera, Provence or anywhere else in France? Want to visit for business or pleasure yet concerned about how to safely eat gluten and wheat free? First, remember to look for the words “sans gluten” which means without gluten in French!
After living in France for over 1.5 years, here’s your one stop solution and expert advice checklist on how to navigate your way through France while maintaining your gluten free diet!
Find Gluten Free Restaurants and Bakeries in Paris and France
- Read our other travel blog posts for detailed restaurant tips and ideas for Paris, France and Europe.
- Discover gluten free bakeries and cafes in France for fresh delicious bakery goods including:
- Research the French Coeliac Association website for restaurant and food tips.
Discover Gluten Free Food and Stores in Paris and France
- Read our travel blog posts about our favorite foods including gluten free croissants in France!
- Understand gluten free food product labeling in the European Union
- Explore the following grocery stores and health food stores in France for gluten free products:
Communicate Your Gluten Free Needs in Paris and France
Again, the first two words you need to know are “sans gluten” which mean “without gluten” in the French language. We now are starting to see these two words in grocery stores, on products, on signs and even on restaurant menus!
The following French and English translation dining cards, food and travel language phrases as well as the Gluten Free France Travel Kit all help you to communicate your gluten free dietary concerns while traveling gluten free in France.
Find Translation Cards and Travel Kits:
Find More Tips for Safe Gluten Free Travel
We look forward to hearing about your gluten free adventures in Paris and France!